Sunday 16 August 1925
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fess Parker in Fort Worth and Willie Jones.
Siegfried, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Glorious Apollo by E. Barrington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1925 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When You and I Were Seventeen - John McCormack
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?