Monday 10 August 1925
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Webster Mackie and Lawrence Byford.
The Unholy Three, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Green Hat by Michael Arlen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1925 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Alastair Webster Mackie: Poet / teacher.
- Lawrence Byford: HM Chief Inspector of Constabulary.
- Cornelius Clarkson Vermeule III in South Orange: New Jersey, USA; American numismatist, curator, scholar, cataloger, professor of art history at Yale, author (Numismatic Art in America, Aesthetics of the United States Coinage 1971, 2007).
- George Cooper: English general.
- Hurricane strikes Borculo, 4 die
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Swanee Butterfly - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Oh How I Miss You Tonight - Lewis James
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?