Friday 28 August 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Donald O'Connor and John Gillett.
Shore Leave, directed by John S. Robertson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 1925
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1925 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Donald O'Connor: American actor, comedian, singer and dancer who is still rated as one of the most versatile song-and-dance men ever to star in films and TV.
- John Gillett: Film researcher.
- Donald O'Connor in Chicago: Illinois, USA; dancer/actor (Singing in the Rain).
- Marvin Davis in Newark: New Jersey, USA; CEO (Davis Oil Company).
- Arkadi N Strugazki: USSR -- Sci-fi author (Tale of the Troika).
- Billy Grammer: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2011).
- Philip Purser: English author and critic.
- Johnny Pramesa: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher who played with the Cincinnati Reds (1949–1951) and Chicago Cubs (1952).
- Meteorite falls on Ellemeet, Schouwen, Devil Island