Friday 28 August 1925
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arkadi N Strugazki and John Gillett.
The Mystic, directed by Tod Browning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while The Keeper of the Bees by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1925!
Which were the important events of 28 August 1925 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Arkadi N Strugazki: USSR -- Sci-fi author (Tale of the Troika).
- John Gillett: Film researcher.
- Donald O'Connor in Chicago: Illinois, USA; dancer/actor (Singing in the Rain).
- Marvin Davis in Newark: New Jersey, USA; CEO (Davis Oil Company).
- Donald O'Connor: American actor, comedian, singer and dancer who is still rated as one of the most versatile song-and-dance men ever to star in films and TV.
- Johnny Pramesa: American baseball player, a right-handed catcher who played with the Cincinnati Reds (1949–1951) and Chicago Cubs (1952).
- Billy Grammer: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2011)
- Philip Purser: English author and critic
- Meteorite falls on Ellemeet, Schouwen, Devil Island
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Pal of My Cradle Days - Lewis James
- If You Knew Susie (Like I Know Susie) - Cliff Edwards
- Ukelele Lady - Vaughn De Leath
- John Peel - Associated Glee Clubs of America
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?