Tuesday 7 December 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 7, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
How Do You Know, directed by James L. Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Decoded by Jay-Z was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alan Wake or Marvel Super Hero Squad: The Infinity Gauntlet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 7 December 2010 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 December
- One child is killed and 20 people are injured in a bomb blast at a temple in Varanasi, northern India. (Reuters)
- A copy of John James Audubon's ''Birds of America'' is sold at auction in London for a record £7.3 million ($10.3 million). (''The Independent'')
- Irish financial crisis:
- Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan, Jnr hands down the hardest budget in the country's history. (BBC)
- Ahead of the budget a man drives a small crane laden with demonstrative slogans to the gates of Leinster House and broadcasts Lady Gaga's ampquotPoker Faceampquot to witnesses. He is arrested, charged with dangerous driving and the slogans are torn down by authorities. (Newstalk)
- Noisy but peaceful protesters gather outside Dáil Éireann and Government Buildings. (''The Irish Times'')
- The budget overcomes its first hurdle. (Al Jazeera)
- Former Anglo Irish Bank chief executive David Drumm is questioned under oath in Boston. (''The Irish Times'')
- U.S. authorities expand their investigation into insider trading among hedge funds and their service providers. John Kinnucan, an independent researcher for hedge funds, told Reuters that he expects the Federal Bureau of Investigation will at some point arrest him, ampquotThat's just how they operate.ampquot (Reuters)
- French epidemiologist Renaud Piarroux, working on behalf of the French and Haitian governments, points to ampquotstrong evidenceampquot linking United Nations peacekeepers to Haiti's cholera outbreak. (''The Straits Times'')
- More than 76,000 people are left marooned following floods in Sri Lanka. (Xinhua)
- A state of emergency is declared after a landslide in Colombia, with 37 corpses retrieved so far. (''The Straits Times'')
- Hundreds of people are stranded in the United Kingdom as a cold spell continues. (''The Guardian'')
- Severe weather also continues in Ireland with water shortages in parts and public anger over incorrect weather forecasts. (''The Irish Times'')
- Côte d'Ivoire is expelled from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). (Al Jazeera)
- 19 countries are to miss the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony for Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo 44 are to attend. China described supporters of Liu as ampquotclownsampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- War on WikiLeaks and arrest of Julian Assange:
- The WikiLeaks website continues to release cables despite the arrest of Assange. (''The Guardian'')
- District Judge Howard Riddle refuses to grant bail to Assange despite interventions from Jemima Khan, Ken Loach and John Pilger before a packed court No 1 at Westminster Magistrates Court. Another hearing is scheduled for 14 December. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. senator Joe Lieberman tells Fox News that ''The New York Times'' and other news organisations may be investigated. (''The Guardian'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 December 2010
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Metz : 0 - 2
- Clermont - Ajaccio : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hayes & Yeading - Eastbourne Borough : 2 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Nacional - Naval : 2 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Right Above It - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Bottoms Up - Trey Songz Featuring Nicki Minaj
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Al Diablo Lo Nuestro - Espinoza Paz
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- The Sex Is Good - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Hotel chains are adding more ergonomic work chairs, bigger desks and more outlets to help business travelers who need to work in their rooms. [..]
The recent buyouts of J. Crew and Del Monte are promising signs that private equity firms are ready to come out and play again. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.15
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.14
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.41
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $43.15
- 1 CHF = 6.73 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5628 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9755 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.531 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?