Tuesday 7 December 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Raise Your Glass by P!nk.
True Grit, directed by Ethan Coen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Colonel Roosevelt by Edmund Morris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Welcome Back, Brotter.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Banzai Rabbit or Doritos Crash Course.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 December 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 December 2010 ?
- United States - Pearl Harbor Day (observance)
- International Civil Aviation Day
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ambrose: Memorial
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 December
- One child is killed and 20 people are injured in a bomb blast at a temple in Varanasi, northern India. (Reuters)
- A copy of John James Audubon's ''Birds of America'' is sold at auction in London for a record £7.3 million ($10.3 million). (''The Independent'')
- Irish financial crisis:
- Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan, Jnr hands down the hardest budget in the country's history. (BBC)
- Ahead of the budget a man drives a small crane laden with demonstrative slogans to the gates of Leinster House and broadcasts Lady Gaga's ampquotPoker Faceampquot to witnesses. He is arrested, charged with dangerous driving and the slogans are torn down by authorities. (Newstalk)
- Noisy but peaceful protesters gather outside Dáil Éireann and Government Buildings. (''The Irish Times'')
- The budget overcomes its first hurdle. (Al Jazeera)
- Former Anglo Irish Bank chief executive David Drumm is questioned under oath in Boston. (''The Irish Times'')
- U.S. authorities expand their investigation into insider trading among hedge funds and their service providers. John Kinnucan, an independent researcher for hedge funds, told Reuters that he expects the Federal Bureau of Investigation will at some point arrest him, ampquotThat's just how they operate.ampquot (Reuters)
- French epidemiologist Renaud Piarroux, working on behalf of the French and Haitian governments, points to ampquotstrong evidenceampquot linking United Nations peacekeepers to Haiti's cholera outbreak. (''The Straits Times'')
- More than 76,000 people are left marooned following floods in Sri Lanka. (Xinhua)
- A state of emergency is declared after a landslide in Colombia, with 37 corpses retrieved so far. (''The Straits Times'')
- Hundreds of people are stranded in the United Kingdom as a cold spell continues. (''The Guardian'')
- Severe weather also continues in Ireland with water shortages in parts and public anger over incorrect weather forecasts. (''The Irish Times'')
- Côte d'Ivoire is expelled from the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS). (Al Jazeera)
- 19 countries are to miss the Nobel Peace Prize ceremony for Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo 44 are to attend. China described supporters of Liu as ampquotclownsampquot. (Al Jazeera)
- War on WikiLeaks and arrest of Julian Assange:
- The WikiLeaks website continues to release cables despite the arrest of Assange. (''The Guardian'')
- District Judge Howard Riddle refuses to grant bail to Assange despite interventions from Jemima Khan, Ken Loach and John Pilger before a packed court No 1 at Westminster Magistrates Court. Another hearing is scheduled for 14 December. (Al Jazeera)
- U.S. senator Joe Lieberman tells Fox News that ''The New York Times'' and other news organisations may be investigated. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 December 2010
Division 2Football (France)
- Boulogne - Metz : 0 - 2
- Clermont - Ajaccio : 2 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Hayes & Yeading - Eastbourne Borough : 2 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Nacional - Naval : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?