Monday August 10, 1903
US date format: 8/10/1903, UK date format: 10/8/1903
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 10, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Arthur Balfour (Conservative), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lisle and Marcel Cormier.
The Monster, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 10, 1903?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- See more
- Paris Metro train fire takes place.