Friday 7 January 2011, Orthodox Christmas
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 7, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Grenade by Bruno Mars.
The Mechanic, directed by Simon West, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while An Object Of Beauty by Steve Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1000 Heroz or Air Conflicts: Secret Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 7 January 2011 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 January
- Derek Gardner: British Formula 1 car designer (Born 1931).
- A suicide bomber kills 17 people and wounds at least 20 others in a public bathhouse in Kandahar province, Afghanistan the Taliban claims responsibility for the attack. (AP via Google News)
- Seven people are killed in Jos and at least two people are killed at a rally in Bayelsa State. (Al Jazeera)
- Eight people are killed and three injured following an armed attack on a bus traveling between Catacamas and Juticalpa in eastern Honduras. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Six people are killed and 20 injured in political violence in West Bengal, India. (''Hindustan Times'')
- South Korea lowers its surveillance alert level against North Korea. (Xinhua)
- Israeli troops round up five men and kill a 67-year-old Palestinian man during an operation into the West Bank, aiming at arresting members of Hamas. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts upholds a lower court ruling that halted the efforts of two large banks to foreclose in cases in which they failed to prove they were holding the mortgages in question. (''The New York Times'').
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy and First Lady Carla Bruni begin an official trip to the overseas departments of Guadeloupe and Martinique. (UPI)
- Ghana says a threat of force by the Economic Community of West African States to remove Ivorian President Laurent Gbagbo would ampquotnot bring about peaceampquot in the country. (Bloomberg)
- Laurent Gbagbo expels the ambassadors for Canada and the United Kingdom from Côte d'Ivoire. Both nations reject the decision, recognizing Alassane Ouattara as the rightful President. (CNN)
- Chile recognises the State of Palestine. (''The New York Times'')
- Dozens of Christians in Iran are arrested, after security forces forcibly entered their homes and verbally and physically abused them, in a crackdown on converts from Islam and evangelical groups, which an Iranian official who confirmed the arrests called an ampquotenemy cultural invasion.ampquot (Voice of America)
- A lawsuit by the estate of Adrian Jacobs against Scholastic, claiming that J. K. Rowling's ''Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'' plagiarised one of his own works, is dismissed by a court in the United States. (BBC)
- Former British Labour MP David Chaytor is sentenced to 18 months imprisonment for fraudulently claiming more than £20,000 in expenses. (BBC)
- The United Nations says thousands of people are arriving in Southern Sudan from north Sudan ahead of the independence referendum on Sunday. (Al Jazeera)
- Parents in China demand compensation after more than 200 children are poisoned by lead. (Reuters)
- Youths in Algeria riot for a second night in unrest over social and political grievances. (Africa News)
- Youths in Tunisia protest for several days over social (job market, purchase power, goods' price) and political grievances. Lawyers go on strike against police repression of protesters. (''The Irish Times'')
- 2011 AFC Asian Cup:
- Uzbekistan defeats Qatar 2-0 in opening match. (the-AFC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 7 January 2011
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Villarreal B - Granada : 2 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Frosinone - Livorno : 0 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Portimonense - Setubal : 3 - 4
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.43
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $92.93
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $79.14
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $44.71
- 1 CHF = 6.8554 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6749 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9735 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.605 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?