Thursday 7 July 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan J Dixon and Doc Severinson [Carl].
Raskolnikow, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1927 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Alan J Dixon: (Sen-D-Illinois, 1981- ).
- Doc Severinson [Carl]: Arlington, Oregon -- Bandleader / trumpeter (Tonight).
- Charlie Louvin in Rainsville: Alabama, USA; country singer (Louvin Brothers).
- Carl (Doc) Severinson in Arlington: Oregon, USA; bandleader, trumpeter (The Tonight Show).
- Henri Diricx: Belgium sport Champion.
- Alan Dixon: American soldier lawyer and politician 34th Illinois Secretary of State (d. 2014)
- Charlie Louvin: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Louvin Brothers) (d. 2011)
- Doc Severinsen: American trumpet player and conductor (The Tonight Show Band)
- Gosta Mittag-Leffler: Swedish mathematician (Born 1846).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?