Saturday 23 July 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Brach and Elliott See.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1927 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Gérard Brach: French screenwriter best known for his collaborations with the film directors Roman Polanski and Jean-Jacques Annaud.
- Elliott See
- Gerard Brach: French film director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Elliot See: American engineer, naval aviator, test pilot, and NASA astronaut, selected in the second group of astronauts.
- Al[fred] A McCandless: (Rep-R-California, 1983- ).
- Dante Bini: France sport Champion.
- Abdelazziz Ben: France sport Champion.
- Elliot McKay See Jr: Dallas, Texas -- Astronaut.
- Saad Zaghlul: Egyptian parliament chairman, dies at 74.