Thursday 28 July 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 28, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Ashbery and Betty Fussell.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 July 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1927 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- John Ashbery: American poet and professor, winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Poetry among other prestigious awards.
- Pasquale Festa Campanile: Italian screenwriter, film director and novelist, mostly known as a prominent exponent of the 'commedia all'italiana' genre.
- Betty Fussell: American writer, journalist, restaurant reviewer and college instructor, Fussell has written such diverse material as "Mabel," the biography of comedienne Mabel Normandy, "Masters of American Cookery" (1983) and "My Kitchen Wars" (2000).
- Larry Singleton: American merchant marine officer, age 51 when he raped and mutilated 15-year-old Mary Vincent, a hitchhiker and runaway girl (born 5/17/1963, California).
- Ermes Muccinelli: Italy sport Champion.