Sunday 24 July 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Sarraute and Alex Katz.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 July 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 24 July 1927 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
- Claude Sarraute: French writer, a reporter and author.
- Alex Katz: American painter with one-man exhibitions in U.S.
- Robert Boutigny: French champion canoeist-kayaker.
- James J Howard: (Rep-D-New Jersey, 1965- ).
- Zara Mints: Russian-Estonian philologist and academic (d. 1990).
- Ryunosuke Akutagawa: Japanese writer active in the Taishō period in Japan.
- The Menin Gate war memorial is unveiled at Ypres.
- The Menin Gate War Memorial is dedicated at Ypres, Belgium.