Wednesday 6 July 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Janet Leigh and Alan Freeman.
The First Auto, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1927 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Janet Leigh: American actress and author famous for her shower scene in classic horror film "Psycho" in 1960.
- Alan Freeman
- Tito Gotti: Italian musician, musical critic and orchestral conductor.
- Janet Leigh in Merced: California, USA; actress (Psycho, Harper).
- Jan Hein Donner: Dutch chess player (d. 1988).
- Alan Freeman: Australian-born British DJ and radio personality (d. 2006).
- [Jan] Hein Donner: Dutch chess master.
- Pat Paulsen: Comedian (Smothers Brothers Show), dies at 69.
- Nilo Soruco: Bolivian singer-songwriter (d. 2004).
- Jan Donner: Dutch chess player and journalist (d. 1988).
- Charles Whittenberg: Composer.
- Susan Cabot in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Carnival Rock).