Wednesday 27 July 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 27, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gisèle Halimi and Zeiza Halimi.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 July 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 27 July 1927 ?
- Maldives - Independence Day, 2nd Day
- Vietnam - Memorial Day for War Martyrs
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Guletaju Diena held
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 10 saints: St. Pantaleon
- St. Congall
- The Seven Sleepers, Saints Maximian
- Cuba - Revolution Day, 2nd Day
- St. Luican
- Gisèle Halimi
- Zeiza Halimi: French attorney, famed for specializing in feminist causes and cases.
- Franz Weber: Swiss journalist, environmentalist and animal welfare activist.
- Sat Mahajan: Indian politician.
- C Rajadurai: Sri Lankan journalist and politician 1st Mayor of Batticaloa.
- John Seigenthaler: American journalist and academic (d. 2014).
- Guy Carawan: American singer and musicologist (d. 2015).
- Major Bernard Montgomery (29) marries widow Betty Carver
- Mel Ott, 18, hits his 1st league home run (inside the park)