Saturday 2 July 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James MacKay and Jerome Meyer.
The Joyless Street, directed by G.W. Pabst, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 2 July 1927 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
- James MacKay: Scottish nobleman, Lord Mackay of Clashfern and Lord Chancellor in the present government.
- Jerome Meyer: Horse trainer.
- Ruth Berghaus: Choreographer / director.
- Brock Peters: NYC, New York -- Actor / singer (Carmen Jones, To Kill a Mockingbird).
- 40th Wimbledon Womens Tennis: Helen Moody beats L de Alvarez (62 64)
- Earthquake hits Palestine
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?