Sunday 10 July 1927
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Léonce Deprez and Marcel Azzola.
Raskolnikow, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Lost Ecstasy by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1927!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1927 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Léonce Deprez
- Marcel Azzola
- Don Revie: British soccer player who was a scientific and tactical analyst of the game in the '50s.
- Suzanne Cloutier: Canadian film actor (d. 2003).
- Grigory Barenblatt: Russian mathematician and academic.
- David Dinkins: American soldier and politician 106th Mayor of New York City.
- David Norman Dinkins: (1st black Mayor-D-NYC, 1990-93).
- William Smithers in Richmond: Virginia, USA; actor (Witness, Peyton Place, Attack!).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?