Thursday 7 June 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Martin and Gwendolyn Brooks.
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Wildfire by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 7 June 1917 ?
- Luciana, virgin, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Blessed Maria Theresia of Soubiran (died 1889)
- Saint Procopius [PCP (Paris), as Proces]
- Saint Wulstan, bishop of Worcester, confessor (Translation day)
- Malta - Sette giugno - Riot in Malta that began the road to self government and then independence.
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2007)
- Colman, bishop of Dromore [BLS]
- Saint Godoald, bishop, confessor
- Norway - Union Dissolution Day, observing the 1905 decision to dissolve the Union between Sweden and Norway.
- Saint Maximinus, bishop of Aix, confessor
- Roman Empire - first day of the Vestalia (penus vestae) in honor of Vesta.
- Saint Robert, abbot of Chichester
- Blessed Robert, abbot of Newminster, Northumberland
- saint Servatius, bishop, confessor or martyr (Translation day)
- Blessed Paul, bishop of Constantinople, martyr
- Blessed Meriadec, bishop (of Vannes
- Blessed Godeschalc, prince of the Vandals, martyr
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop, confessor
- Blessed Anna of St. Bartholomaeus (died 1626)
- Blessed Willibald
- Dean Martin: American actor and singer who teamed up with Jerry Lewis from 1950-1954 before going out on his own.
- Gwendolyn Brooks: US poet (Bean Eaters, Annie Allen, Pulitzer 1950).
- World War I: Battle of Messines : Allied ammonal mines underneath German trenches at Messines Ridge are detonated, killing 10,000 German troops.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Prince's Orchestra
- Poor Butterfly - Fritz Kreisler
- Livery Stable Blues - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Poor Butterfly - Charles Harrison
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?