Saturday 7 April 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include RG Armstrong and Mongo Santamaria.
Chi no ike jigôkû, directed by Yaroku Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 April 1917 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- RG Armstrong: American actor.
- Mongo Santamaria: Cuban percussionist and band leader (Born 1922).
- R G Armstrong: Birmingham, Alabama -- Actor (T.
- R Armstrong: American actor and playwright (d. 2012).
- Spyridon Filiskos Samaras composer: dies at age 53.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit Bag and Smile, Smile, Smile - Reinald Werrenrath
- Put On Your Slippers & Fill Up Your Pipe (You're Not Going Bye-Bye Tonight - Ada Jones
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?