Saturday 7 October 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Judee Sill and Donald Tsang.
To Have and Have Not, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1944 ?
- Judee Sill: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1979).
- Donald Tsang: Chinese civil servant and politician 2nd Chief Executive of Hong Kong.
- Pete van Wieren: American sportscaster (d. 2014).
- Helmut Lent: German night fighter pilot (Born 1918).
- Field Marshal Rommel gets order to return to Berlin
- Riots in Amersfoort / Utrecht / Strugle
- Allies bombs sea dikes at Vlissingen.
- Uprising at Auschwitz, Jews burn down crematoriums.
- World War II: Uprising at Birkenau concentration camp, Jewish prisoners burn down the crematoria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?