Tuesday 3 October 1944
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Horn and Maurice Sartre.
Tall in the Saddle, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 October 1944 ?
- Roy Horn: German-American illusionist,, half of "Siegfried and Roy.
- Maurice Sartre
- André Groote: Dutch musician and psychic.
- Pierre Deligne: Belgian mathematician and academic.
- 1st broadcast of Radio Herrijzend Netherland
- RAF bombs West Kapelse
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Together - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Smoke on the Water - Red Foley
- It Could Happen To You - Jo Stafford
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?