Thursday 12 October 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alain Doutey and Angela Rippon.
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 12 October 1944 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Alain Doutey
- Angela Rippon: British television reporter, one of the first female newscasters in the UK, she was awarded an OBE.
- Jack Marin
- Jean Rochereau: Moroccan dancer.
- Lewis Mac: San Angelo Writer.
- German army retreats from Athens
- WWII: The Allies land in Athens.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?