Saturday 28 October 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dennis Franz in Maywood and Coluche .
The Woman in the Window, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1944 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Dennis Franz in Maywood: Illinois, USA; actor (Norman Buntz - Hill Street Blues).
- Coluche : French film actor and comedian, he tried to be candidate for French presidence without success.
- Gerry Anderson: Irish radio and television host (d. 2014).
- Dennis Franz: American actor and playwright.
- Keizō Kanie: Japanese actor.
- Anton Schlecker: German businessman founded the Schlecker Company
- Russia and Bulgaria sign weapon pact
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dance With A Dolly (With a Hole In Her Stocking) - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?