Saturday 14 October 1944
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Udo Kier .
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 14 October 1944 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Udo Kier: Germany -- Actress (Warhol Dracula, Warhol Frankenstein).
- Erwin Rommel: German military, a Nazi field Marshall in charge of the Africa Corps during the North African campaign in WW II.
- British troops march into Athens.
- Allied troops land in Corfu.
- Athens, Greece, is liberated by British Army troops entering the city as the Wehrmacht pulls out during World War II. This clears the way for the Greek government-in-exile to return to its historic capital city, with George Papandreou, Sr., as the head-of-government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?