Thursday 19 October 1944
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Adrian [Johnson] and Peter Tosh.
None But the Lonely Heart, directed by Clifford Odets, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1944 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Keith Adrian [Johnson]: Indies / Dutch actor (Intrepid Mr Twist).
- Peter Tosh: Jamaican reggae singer (The Wailers) (d. 1987).
- George McCrae: US singer (Lead Me On, Rock Your Baby).
- British Premier Winston Churchill flies back to London from Moscow
- Canadian troops liberate Aardensburg
- Navy says black women can join WAVES
- US forces land in Philippines
- United States forces land in the Philippines.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?