Wednesday 4 October 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Patty LaBelle and Rocio Durcal.
To Have and Have Not, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Cavalcade of Sports.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1944 ?
- Patty LaBelle: Singer (LaBelles-Lady Marmalade, If You Asked Me Too).
- Rocio Durcal: Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006).
- Colin Bundy: South African-English historian and academic.
- Rocío Dúrcal: Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006).
- Eddie Gómez: Puerto Rican bass player (Steps Ahead).
- Tony La Russa: American baseball player and manager
- John McFall: Baron McFall of Alcluith Scottish educator and politician
- British troops land on Greek continent
- St. Louis Browns win 1st World Series game in their only appearance
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smoke on the Water - Red Foley
- Together - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- It Could Happen To You - Jo Stafford
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?