Tuesday 7 September 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 7, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elia Kazan and José Cabrero Arnal.
Getting Even, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1909!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1909 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Elia Kazan: Turkish-born American film and stage director, best-known for introducing Marlon Brando and James Dean to the silver screen, in "A Streetcar Named Desire" and "East of Eden", respectively.
- José Cabrero Arnal
- Clara Calamai: Italian actress who was one of the most famous and popular Italian actresses in the 1930s and 1940s, sharing the limelight with actresses such as Alida Valli, Valentina Cortese, and rivals, Doris Duranti, Luisa Ferida and Isa Miranda.
- Jo Juda: Dutch musician.
- Natalia Dmitrevna Shpiller: Singer.
- Eugene Lefebvre (1878 : 1909), while test piloting a new French-built Wright biplane, crashes at Juvisy, France when his controls jam. Lefebvre dies, becoming the first 'pilot' in the world to lose his life in a powered heavier-than-air craft.