Tuesday 7 September 1909US date format: 9/7/1909, UK date format: 7/9/1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 7, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elia Kazan and José Cabrero Arnal.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 September 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1909!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1909 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Elia Kazan: Turkish-born American film and stage...
- José Cabrero Arnal
- Clara Calamai: Italian actress who was one of the most...
- Jo Juda: Dutch musician.
- Natalia Dmitrevna Shpiller: Singer.
- Eugene Lefebvre (1878 : 1909), while test piloting a new French-built Wright biplane, crashes at Juvisy, France when his controls jam. Lefebvre dies, becoming the first 'pilot' in the world to lose his life in a powered heavier-than-air craft.