Monday 13 September 1909US date format: 9/13/1909, UK date format: 13/9/1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 13, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sam DeStefano and Jacques Beauvallet.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 September 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1909!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1909 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Sam DeStefano
- Herbert Berghof: Vienna, Austria -- Actor (Belarus File).
- Jacques Beauvallet: French general.
- Jean Lesur: St Amand les Eaux physician.
- Ray Bowden: English footballer (Born 1909).
- Frits Thors: Dutch journalist and radio host (d. 2014).
- Ty Cobb clinches AL HR title with his 9th HR (all inside-the-park)