Thursday 23 September 1909US date format: 9/23/1909, UK date format: 23/9/1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Riesman and Marianne Straub.
Far from the Madding Crowd, directed by Thomas Vinterberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1909 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- David Riesman: Sociologist.
- Marianne Straub: Weaver.
- Lorenc Antoni: Kosovo-Albanian composer and conductor (d. 1991).
- The Phantom of the Opera (original title: Le Fantome de l'Opera), a novel by French writer Gaston Leroux, is first published as a serialization in Le Gaulois.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- He was Very Kind to Me - Harry Lauder
- I Love My Wife, But Oh You Kid! - Edward M. Favor