Saturday 7 September 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jermaine Stewart and Margot Chapman.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Woman in a Dressing Gown, directed by J. Lee Thompson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Turn Of The Tide by Arthur Bryant was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching La caméra explore le temps.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 September 1957 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Jermaine Stewart: American singer-songwriter and dancer (Shalamar) (d. 1997).
- Margot Chapman: Hawaii, United States -- Vocals (Starland Vocal Band-Afternoon Delight).
- 71st US Womens Tennis: Althea Gibson beats A Louise Brough (63 62)
- WWL TV channel 4 in New Orleans, LA (CBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?