Tuesday 8 April 1913
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include H Ernst .
Les Misérables, Part 1: Jean Valjean, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while Heart of the Hills by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1913!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1913 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- 17th amendment, requiring direct election of senators, ratified.
- The 17th Amendment to the United States Constitution, requiring direct election of Senators, becomes law.
- The Seventeenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is passed, dictating the direct election of senators.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1913 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Gems from Lady of the Slipper - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Rigoletto - Deh! Non Parlare Al Misero (Recall Not the Past) - Enrico Caruso
- When I Lost You - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?