Thursday 8 April 1943US date format: 4/8/1943, UK date format: 8/4/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 8, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Rieser and Jean-Marie Rouart.
We Dive at Dawn, directed by Anthony Asquith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1943 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Brigitte Rieser: German social scientist, for 16 years, a lecturer in psychology in schools for adult education and a professional astrologer.
- Jean-Marie Rouart: French novelist, essayist and journalist.
- James Herbert: British writer of horror and science fiction novels.
- Michael Bennett (dancer)
- Michael Bennett: American dancer and showman who began dancing at an early age.
- Tony Banks: Baron Stratford Irish politician Minister for Sport and the Olympics (d. 2006).
- Carol Lavell: Fairfax, Vermont -- Equestrian dressage (1992, 96 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Jack O'Halloran: American boxer and actor.
- Chris Orr: English painter and illustrator.
- Miller Farr: American football player.
- J P Kavanaugh: Racehorse trainer.
- Robby Weaver: Actor (Stone).
- William Garth Morrison: Chief scout.
- Hakuun Yasutani Roshi, founder of Sanbo Kyodan, receives dharma
- Jomo Kenyatta of Kenya convicted of involvement with Mau Mau.
- Stanley Cup: Detroit Red Wings sweep Boston Bruins in four games.
- U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt, in an attempt to check inflation, freezes wages and prices, prohibits workers from changing jobs unless the war effort would be aided thereby, and bars rate increases by common carriers and public utilities.