Saturday 19 April 1913
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cyril English and Kenneth Carpenter.
Quo Vadis?, directed by Enrico Guazzoni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1913!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1913 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Cyril English: British educator.
- Kenneth Carpenter: American athlete, and Olympic champion, he won a gold medal in the 1936 track and field event of discus throwing.
- Ken Carpenter: TV announcer (Lux Video Theater), dies at 84.
- 17th Boston Marathon won by Fritz Carlson of Minnesota in 2:25:14.8.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1913 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Melinda's Wedding Day - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- And the Green Grass Grew All Around - Walter Van Brunt
- Good-Night, Nurse - Billy Murray
- My Little Persian Rose - That Girl Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?