Friday 8 April 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Lampley in Hendersonville and Ezio Forzatti.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireside Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1949 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Jim Lampley in Hendersonville: North Carolina, USA; newscaster (Monday Night Baseball).
- Ezio Forzatti: Italian who ordered a mercy killing of his wife.
- Richard Smoot: American professional astrologer who has studied and practiced astrology since 1971 and has been a registered Social Worker with the State of Michigan for 31 years.
- K Kamalasabayson: Sri Lankan lawyer and politician 39th Attorney General of Sri Lanka (d. 2007).
- John Madden: English director and producer.
- Joe Royle: English footballer and manager
- Brenda Russell: American-Canadian singer-songwriter and keyboard player
- John Scott: English sociologist and academic
- Kathy Fiscus, 3½ years old, dies from falling down an abandoned well in San Marino, California.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Mel Torme - Again
- I Don't See Me In Your Eyes Anymore - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra (Vocal Stardusters)
- Need You - Jo Stafford & Gordon MacRae
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?