Monday 18 April 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michaël Levinas and Geoff Bodine.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while Prince Of Egypt by Dorothy Clarke Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Fred Waring Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 April 1949 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Michaël Levinas
- Geoff Bodine: American race car driver and one of three racing brothers.
- Bengt Holmström
- Michael Levinas: French composer.
- Republic of Ireland withdraws from British Commonwealth.
- The aircraft carrier USS United States is laid down at Newport News Drydock and Shipbuilding. However, construction is canceled five days later, resulting in the Revolt of the Admirals.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Margaret Whiting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?