Friday 22 April 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Génisson and Lee Bartley.
Champion, directed by Mark Robson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while American Freedom And Catholic Power by Paul Blanshard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Rubin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1949!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 April 1949 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Catherine Génisson
- Lee Bartley: American jazz musician, a pianist in piano bars who formed his own group, "Images," that played his original material.
- Spencer Haywood
- Miodrag Krivokapić (actor)
- Spencer Haywood in Silver City: Mississippi, USA; NBA star (Seattle Supersonics, New York Knicks, Olympics-gold-1968).
- Maria Alcina: Brazilian singer with comedic delivery.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Forever and Ever - Margaret Whiting
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?