Wednesday 27 April 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Doug Sheehan and Yoshiaki Fujiwara.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while This I Remember by Eleanor Roosevelt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Benny Rubin Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1949 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Doug Sheehan: Actor (Joe Kelly- General Hospital).
- Yoshiaki Fujiwara: Wrestler (NJPW / PWF / UWF).
- Douglas Sheehan in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Ben - Knots Landing, Joe Kelly - General Hospital).
- Enzo Braschi: Italian actor, comedian and writer.
- Didier Daeninckx: French author and left-wing politician of Belgian descent, best known for his romans noirs.
- Grant Chapman: Australian businessman and politician
- British Commonwealth of Nations renamed The Commonwealth.
- Former Philippine First Lady Aurora Quezon, 61, is assassinated while en route to dedicate a hospital in memory of her late husband her daughter and 10 others are also killed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Again - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?