Friday 8 August 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Sankalé and Ken Dryden.
Mother Wore Tights, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Saturday Night at the Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1947 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Louis Sankalé: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Nice from March 2005 to August 2013.
- Ken Dryden: Canadian hockey player, lawyer, author and politician.
- Larry Wilcox in San Diego: California, USA; actor (Lassie, CHiPs).
- Terangi Adam: Nauruan politician.
- Peter Morton: Businessman.
- José Cruz: Puerto Rican-American baseball player and coach.
- Larry Wilcox: American actor director and producer.
- Eddy Peelman
- Jose Cruz: Leftfielder (St. Louis Cardinals, Houston Astros).
- Anton Ivanovich Denikin: Russian general (Born 1872).