Thursday 21 August 1947
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frédéric Mitterrand and Carl Giammarese.
Shoeshine, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1947 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Frédéric Mitterrand: French and Tunisian citizen, a former French Minister of Culture and Communication.
- Carl Giammarese: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (The Buckinghams).
- Ettore Bugatti: French naturalized citizen, designer and nmanufacturer of high-performance automobiles, he founded his firm in Molsheim (Alsace) in 1909.
- 1st Little League World Series Maynard Midgets of Williamsport PA win
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Lady from 29 Palms - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- The Lady from Twenty-Nine Palms - Tony Pastor & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?