Friday 1 August 1947
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyne Dress and Ronnie King.
Kiss of Death, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1947 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Evelyne Dress
- Ronnie King: Dutch-Canadian musician, producer, and co-owner of Blue Label Records with Sean Couevas.
- Chantal Montellier
- Paul William Bonnel
- Chris L Barnard: Welsh footballer.
- Dennis Zine: Los Angeles city councilman.
- Paul Bonnel: American noted family, the third son of actress Gale Storm and actor Lee Bonnell.
- Richard Griffiths: Actor.
- Bob Makransky: American professional astrologer, previously system analyst and programmer.
- Lorna Goodison: Jamaican poet and author.
- Serge Durville: French race horse trainer, owner and jockey.
- Joe Wilson: Politician.
- Rick Anderson: Rock bassist (Tubes).
- Ricky Coonce: Los Angeles, California -- Rock drummer (Grass Roots).
- Medium & The Telephone opens at Barrymore Theater NYC for 211 performances
- Valleivogels soccer team forms in Scherpenzeel
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Ain't Mad at You - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now (Decca) - Perry Como (Ted Weems Orchestra)