Sunday 10 August 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Anderson and Drupi .
Life with Father, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Ian Anderson: Scottish musician, the flamboyant lead singer and moving spirit with the group Jethro Tull, playing rock'n'roll flute.
- Drupi : Italian pop-rock singer, best known for the songs "Vado via", "Piccola e fragile", "Sereno è" and "Due".
- Anwar Ibrahim: Anwar Ibrahim is a Malaysian politician.
- Bonnie Raine: American nun and college professor.
- John Spencer: English rugby player and manager.
- Alan Ward: English cricketer
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?