Tuesday 8 July 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Turk (cartoonist) and Kim Darby.
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Musical Merry-Go-Round.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1947 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Turk (cartoonist)
- Kim Darby: American actress.
- René Frégni
- Howard Rheingold: Critic.
- Luis Figari: Peruvian religious leader founded the Sodalitium Christianae Vitae.
- Luis Fernando Figari: Peruvian founder of Sodalitium Christianae Vitae.
- Jenny Diski: English author and screenwriter.
- 14th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 2-1 at Wrigley Field, Chicago
- Demolition begins in New York City for United Nations headquarters in New York City.