Thursday 8 August 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include French W Weisglas and Robin M Tallon.
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while This Side of Innocence by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1946!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 August 1946 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- French W Weisglas: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Robin M Tallon: (Rep-D-South Carolina, 1983- ).
- James W Lewis: American convicted extortionist.
- Joe Bethancourt: American singer-songwriter (d. 2014).
- Dreyfuss family, owners of Pittsburgh Pirates since 1900, sells club to Frank McKinney and John Galbreath for $25 million
- First flight of the Convair B-36.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - South America, Take It Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?