Monday 4 August 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenneth Dryden and Paul Leyton.
'I Know Where I'm Going!', directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while Gentleman's Agreement by Laura Z. Hobson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1947 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Kenneth Dryden: NHL goalie (Montreal Canadiens, 6 Stanley Cups).
- Paul Leyton: Rocker (Seekers).
- Marie-France Cubadda: French journalist, who has presented several television news programs for several different TV channels, including TF1.
- Roy Hodgson: Coach.
- Klaus Schulze: German keyboard player and songwriter (Tangerine Dream Ash Ra Tempel and The Cosmic Jokers).
- The Supreme Court of Japan is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now (Decca) - Perry Como (Ted Weems Orchestra)
- I Ain't Mad at You - Count Basie & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?