Monday 4 August 1947US date format: 8/4/1947, UK date format: 4/8/1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 4, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Klaus Schulze and Marie-France Cubadda.
Mother Wore Tights, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Saturday Night at the Palace.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1947 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Klaus Schulze: German keyboard player and songwriter (Tangerine Dream Ash Ra Tempel and The Cosmic Jokers).
- Marie-France Cubadda: French journalist, who has presented several television news programs for several different TV channels, including TF1.
- Kenneth Dryden: NHL goalie (Montreal Canadiens, 6 Stanley Cups).
- Paul Leyton: Rocker (Seekers).
- Roy Hodgson: Coach.
- The Supreme Court of Japan is established.