Monday 25 August 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest Abuba and Keith Tippett.
L'onorevole Angelina, directed by Luigi Zampa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1947!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1947 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Ernest Abuba
- Keith Tippett
- Joe Manchin: Politician.
- Wim J van Gelder: Dutch MP (PvdA).
- Steve Pearce: Politician.
- Michael Kaluta: American author and illustrator.
- Sandro Bartoccioni: Italian heart surgeon, internationally known for his technique of coronary bypass heart surgery.
- Paulo Coelho: Novelist.
- Clark Wissler: American anthropologist author and educator (d. 1947).
- Marion Carl in D-558-I sets world aircraft speech record, 1,047 km/h
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Jo Stafford - Feudin' and Fightin'
- I Have But One Heart (O Marinariello) - Vic Damone