Monday 8 August 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caroline Aiken and Ali Score.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
To Catch a Thief, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Officers And Gentlemen by Evelyn Waugh was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 August 1955 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Caroline Aiken
- Ali Score: Rock drummer (Flock Of Seagulls).
- Diddu: Icelandic soprano and songwriter.
- Debra Lee: Entrepreneur.
- Diddú : Icelandic singer-songwriter.
- Herbert Prohaska: Austrian footballer and manager.
- Michael Roe: Irish race car driver.
- Branscombe Richmond: American actor stuntman and producer.
- Fidel Castro forms July 26th Movement
- Geneva conference held to discuss peaceful uses of atomic energy
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?