Friday July 08, 1955
US date format: 7/8/1955, UK date format: 8/7/1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 8, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Anthony Eden (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Monty Don and Lena Endre.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
Wichita, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musical Chairs.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 08, 1955?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 08, 1955?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Les Paul and Mary Ford - Hummingbird
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Sammy Davis Jr. - Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver)
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next July 08If July 08, 1955 is your birthday you're 65 years, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 11 months, 1 day.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free