Thursday 25 August 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gerd Muller and Vijayakanth.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Journey to Italy, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Family Of Man by Edward Steichen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Highway Patrol.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1955!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 25 August 1955 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Gerd Muller: German politician.
- Vijayakanth: Tamil actor and politician.
- John McGeoch: Scottish guitarist (Magazine Visage Siouxsie and the Banshees Public Image Ltd and The Armoury Show) (d. 2004).
- Gerd Müller: German businessman and politician.
- Last Soviet forces leave Austria
- The last Soviet Army occupation forces leave Austria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Chuck Berry - Maybellene
- Jaye P. Morgan - The Longest Walk
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Boyd Bennett - Seventeen
- Chuck Miller - The House Of Blue Lights
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?