Friday 12 August 1955US date format: 8/12/1955, UK date format: 12/8/1955
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 12, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tony Coleman and Ann M Martin.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
To Hell and Back, directed by Jesse Hibbs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Run Silent, Run Deep by Edward L. Beach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frankie Laine Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 August 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 August 1955!
Which were the important events of 12 August 1955 ?
- Tony Coleman
- Heintje [Hendrik Simons]: Dutch singer (Mama).
- Ann M Martin: American children's writer.
- Ann Martin: Young Adult Author.
- Heintje Simons: Dutch singer and actor.
- Terry Taylor: American professional wrestler.
- Thomas Mann: German writer, the author of novels,...
- 22nd NFL Chicago All-Star Game: All-Stars 30, Cleveland 27 (75,000)
- President Eisenhower raises minimum wage from 75 cents to $1 an hour
- WPBT TV channel 2 in Miami, Florida (PBS) begins broadcasting
- US President Dwight Eisenhower raises minimum wage from US$0.75 to $1 an hour.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- Johnny Desmond - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Perry Como - Tina Marie
- Wake The Town And Tell The People - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- The Yellow Rose Of Texas - Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?