Monday 28 August 2000US date format: 8/28/2000, UK date format: 28/8/2000
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 28, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Doesn't Really Matter by Janet.
In UK Music by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Memento, directed by Christopher Nolan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Down to Earth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cool Cool Toon or Covert Ops: Nuclear Dawn.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 August 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 28 August 2000 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 August
- For the first time in history, religious and spiritual leaders of the world's diverse faith traditions came together in New York on August 28 to discuss how to forge a partnership of peace with the United Nations. Religious Summit UN Millennium Peace Summit
Sport Games on 28 August 2000
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Birmingham - Barnsley : 4 - 1
- Burnley - Gillingham : 1 - 1
- Crystal Palace - Nott'm Forest : 2 - 3
- Norwich - Fulham : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Brentford - Bristol Rvs : 2 - 6
- Bristol City - Rotherham : 0 - 1
- Bury - Northampton : 1 - 0
- Notts County - Cambridge : 0 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Kidderminster : 0 - 2
- Cardiff - Southend : 2 - 2
- Halifax - Rochdale : 1 - 2
- Hartlepool - Cheltenham : 0 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Boavista - Leiria : 4 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Jurame - Gisselle
- Imaginame Sin Ti [Imagine Me Without You] - Luis Fonsi
- Si Te Vas - Alejandro Fernandez
- Muy Dentro De Mi [You Sang To Me] - Marc Anthony
- Joan Sebastian - Secreto de Amor
- Gloria Estefan - Como Me Duele Perderte
- En Cada Gota De Mi Sangre - Conjunto Primavera
- Por Siempre Tu [I Turn To You] - Christina Aguilera
- Julio Iglesias - Gozar La Vida
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $102.80
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $41.31
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $63.19
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $118.80
- 1 JPY = 1.61 CHF
- 1 JPY = 0.64 GBP
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?