Saturday 26 August 2000US date format: 8/26/2000, UK date format: 26/8/2000
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 26, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Malak Watson and Brady Reiter.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Doesn't Really Matter by Janet.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
Quills, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Winter Solstice by Rosamunde Pilcher was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Down to Earth.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Fast Food Tycoon or Digimon Digital Card Battle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 August 2000
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 26 August 2000 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
Famous Birthdays:26 August
- Akbar Adibi: Iranian engineer and academic (d. 2000).
Sport Games on 26 August 2000
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Beveren : 4 - 0
- Mechelen - Mouscron : 1 - 5
- St Truiden - Genk : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Montpellier : 0 - 2
- Beauvais - Wasquehal : 0 - 0
- Caen - Lorient : 1 - 2
- Chateauroux - Angers : 3 - 2
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Bordeaux - Lens : 1 - 1
- Lille - Metz : 2 - 1
- Lyon - Troyes : 1 - 0
- Marseille - Guingamp : 3 - 1
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Alloa - Livingston : 0 - 6
- Ayr - Falkirk : 5 - 2
- Barnsley - West Brom : 4 - 1
- Blackburn - Norwich : 3 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2000?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- A Puro Dolor - Son By Four
- Jurame - Gisselle
- Imaginame Sin Ti [Imagine Me Without You] - Luis Fonsi
- Si Te Vas - Alejandro Fernandez
- Joan Sebastian - Secreto de Amor
- Muy Dentro De Mi [You Sang To Me] - Marc Anthony
- Por Siempre Tu [I Turn To You] - Christina Aguilera
- Julio Iglesias - Gozar La Vida
- Gloria Estefan - Como Me Duele Perderte
- Yo Se Que Te Acordaras - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?