Monday August 14, 2000
US date format: 8/14/2000, UK date format: 14/8/2000
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 14, 2000). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bryce Hall and Abigail Bergman.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Incomplete by Sisqo.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
State and Main, directed by David Mamet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Gillette Soccer Saturday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dexter's Laboratory: Robot Rampage or Star Wars Episode I: Battle for Naboo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 14, 2000?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- See more
- (to August 17) The Democratic National Convention in Los Angeles nominates U.S. Vice President Al Gore for President and Senator Joe Lieberman for Vice President.
- Dora the Explorer, one of Nickelodeon's hottest shows, debuts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 14, 2000?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on August 14, 2000
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Duisburg - Ulm : 1 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next August 14If August 14, 2000 is your birthday you're 19 years, 11 months, 25 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 days.
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2000?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $82.19
- Apple AAPL: opens at $47.59
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $72.31
- General Electric GE: opens at $56.38
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $120.00
- 1 JPY = 0.61 GBP
- 1 JPY = 1.57 CHF