Friday 8 January 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ashapoorna Devi and Jose Ferrer.
De Garraf a Barcelona, directed by Fructus Gelabert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Trail of the Lonesome Pine by John Fox, Jr. was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1909 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jose Ferrer: Santurce, Puerto Rico -- Oscar winning actor (Cyrano de Bergerac).
- Ashapoorna Devi: Indian author and poet (d. 1995).
- Willy Millowitsch: German actor director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Bruce Mitchell: South African cricketer (d. 1995).
- Nikolaos Platon: Greek archaeologist (Born 1909).
- Evelyn Wood: American author and educator (d. 1995).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good Evening, Caroline - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?