Friday 8 January 1909
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 8, 1909). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ashapoorna Devi and Jose Ferrer.
David and Goliath, directed by Ferdinando Baldi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 January 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1909!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1909 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jose Ferrer: Santurce, Puerto Rico -- Oscar winning actor (Cyrano de Bergerac).
- Ashapoorna Devi: Indian author and poet (d. 1995).
- Willy Millowitsch: German actor director and screenwriter (d. 1999).
- Bruce Mitchell: South African cricketer (d. 1995).
- Nikolaos Platon: Greek archaeologist (Born 1909).
- Evelyn Wood: American author and educator (d. 1995).